Integrated Case Management between Primary Care Clinics and Hospitals for Frequent Users of Health Services: A Multiple Case Study
- Fonds de soutien à l’innovation en santé et en services sociaux (FSISSS)
- Ministry of the Economy, Science and Innovation
- Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean regional health authority
To implement and evaluate an integrated case management (CM) program for frequent users of health services where nurses from primary care clinics work closely with a case manager from the hospital.
The study shows positive outcomes for patients, professionals, and the health care system, when the program is well implemented. Leadership of the health professionals involved and support of the physician in charge of the clinic are necessary for successful program implementation.
Click here to see the project team
Articles, presentations and posters
Article submitted. Check back later for the link to the article when it is published.
- Integrated case management between primary care clinics and hospitals for frequent users of healthcare services: A multiple-case embedded study. International Conference on Integrated Care (ICIC) 2021.
- La gestion de cas intégrée entre les soins de première ligne et les centres hospitaliers du Saguenay Lac-Saint-Jean pour les grands utilisateurs de services: une étude de cas multiple. Journée de la recherche du CIUSSS du Saguenay Lac-Saint-Jean 2022.
- Integrated case management between primary care clinics and healthcare centers for frequent users of healthcare services: A multiple embedded case study. Conférence annuelle du North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG) 2020.